The historic Comal Power Plant building in New Braunfels, Texas, originated in 1925 as a hydroelectric power plant, supplying power not only to the New Braunfels and San Antonio area, but to every power grid east of the Rocky Mountains. In 1927, it was the largest power plant in the world burning pulverized lignite coals as fuel, and switched to natural gas in 1928.
The Comal Springs are the largest in Texas and the American southwest. Seven major springs and dozens of smaller ones occur over a distance of about 4,300 feet at the base of a steep limestone bluff in New Braunfels' Landa Park. The Landmark is located just downstream from these springs that form the headwaters of the Comal River. The Landmark has it's own private entrance to the park.
Click the "Video" tab to view floor plan virtual tours.